Friday, June 24, 2005

My favourite bars in the Hamilton Area

Well, I like to consider myself 'experienced' in the Hamilton Bar Scene. I spent 4 years of my life there, and have ventured back frequently ever since.

1. Slaintes: I have to put this bar at the top of my list because it's the "Shannon gets drunk and silly bar" . I love the Irish pub atmosphere because it offers great music, and small dance floor, and it is always packed on Saturday nights. I organized the Nursing pre-graduation (end of year) party here, and it went over very well! I always drink too much, and think I can dance like I'm Irish.. a sure miss. Funny to watch though.

2. West-End Pub: $ 2.50 pints on Wednesday... need I say more?? I used to live down the street from this small pub, and enjoyed many a drink there. It used to have awesome pizza, but has cut that out of the menu. I really don't mind the food though, and always love going here for a pint and the hockey game!

3. The Phoneix: This bar is on the McMaster campus, and it is a great spot for a pint. They have Hoegarten and Stella on tap.. so I'm a big fan. Apparently they also have an Apricot beer that I need to try.

4. The Collins: (Dundas) Dave's band plays there... need I say more...haha.. ok, I love their patio during the summer, and their food is also pretty good. They have decent beers on tap, and I like the 'small town' appeal of it.

5. Billy Bob's... ok I know that everyone who knows this bar is shaking their head and wondering why I would EVER put it down. It's definitly not a favourite of mine any more. However, when you are in 1st year university, and they offer 1.50 drinks on Tuesday nights... you go. It's definitly a meat market, and I haven't been in 3 years... but it is full of insanely hillarious and fun memories that I will always keep. The street lights on the way home are the best part...

6. The Thirsty Cactus ( Dundas): I used to really love this bar, as they had Kawartha Lakes Raspberry Wheat beer on tap. They have since changed the beer to Waterloo dark.. and I am not a big fan. However, I love their juke box, and playing trivia there... just some good memories again.

7. Hess Village (the whole darn thing): I love going to Hess in the summer for some patio action. I don't really love any of the bars, but always seem to have fun when I go. I like the option of bar hoping on one street, and would highly recommend going to Hess to anyone visiting Hamilton.

That's it, that's all.. Cheers.

2 Comments:

At 2:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

what about the snooty fox in westdale?! many sloppy nights spent in that pub. Been to the Rams Head? (it's expensive though)

as for billy bobs - i'm curious about the 'street lights'....? what was so interesting about them?

 
At 12:55 PM, Blogger Abe said...

I look forward to drinking my first beer in Hamilton with you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home